Saturday, July 17, 2010

Holding

The scarlet light echoes off the ruddy brickwork,
Casting rosy pallor into the quiet room.
The setting sky emphasizing the fading mood.
Thus unshared, my day passes into lonely stillness.

Yet I do not find myself alone.
Shaken from a branch of imagination,
My minds eye beholds your elegant form
Clad in the garb of summer's heat.

Tantalized by your awesome visage,
I struggle to capture each pounding breath,
As if a sigh emanating from invisible lips
Has drifted gently over my neck and face.

The night fades into existence;
The hallucination becomes a swoon.
This phantasm clasping to my bosom.
With outstretched empty embrace.

Holding nothing but an amphoreous vapor,
I drift into the haunted sleep.
Comforted only by the touch
Of you nothingness in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment